This fleet of 10 each UH-1D/H helicopters were operated by the Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) for almost 50-years as part of RNZAF 3 Squadron. At the time of retirement from service, 6 ea. of the aircraft were in operational condition and 4 ea. aircraft were being utilized as parts aircraft to support the operational aircraft.
Operational aircraft at time of RNZAF retirement are:
1. UH-1H: NZ3807, S/N: 69-15418
2. UH-1H: NZ3809, S/N: 69-15420
3. UH-1H: NZ3811, S/N: 69-15651
4. UH-1H: NZ3814, S/N: 70-16365
5. UH-1H: NZ3815, S/N: 74-22525
6. UH-1H: NZ3816, S/N: 69-15414
Parts aircraft at time of RNZAF retirement are:
1. UH-1D: NZ3803, S/N: 65-10114
2. UH-1D: NZ3804, S/N: 65-10115
3. UH-1D: NZ3805, S/N: 65-10116
4. UH-1H: NZ3812, S/N: 69-15652
These aircraft have several upgrades incorporated, including the 212 Main Transmission (P/N: 212-040-001-39) and 42-DEG Gearbox (P/N: 212-040-003-23). The tailbooms were also modified with strake kits and Helipro Fin Spar Mod.
The aircraft were partially dismantled for shipping from New Zealand to the USA, but have otherwise been preserved in controlled storage as they were at time of service retirement.
Along with the aircraft, a large inventory of parts, aircraft and engine tooling, test equipment, ground handling equipment, and mission equipment were also acquired from the RNZAF.
Dakota Air Parts Int’l., Inc.