FAA’s Rotorcraft Monthly Accident Briefing for February 2021 (fifth month of FY21).
Attached is the FAA’s Rotorcraft Monthly Accident Briefing for February 2021 (fifth month of FY21).
Totals: 6 accidents, 1 fatal accident, 4 fatalities
- The latest streak of fatal accident free days ended at 47. Prior to the fatal accident on 2/15/21, the most recent fatal accident was 12/29/20.
- There had not been a fatal accident in February for each of the previous two FYs.
Cumulative FY21 Summary (Oct – Feb)
FY21, Totals: 32 accidents, 3 fatal accidents, 7 fatalities
- For Oct – Feb, the estimated accident rate was 2.69 per 100K hours.
- The cumulative accident count for Oct – Feb totaling 32 events is tied with FY19 as the lowest in the last 39 FYs.
- The number of personal/private accidents continues to trend as disproportionately high compared to previous FYs and also when compared to other industry categories in FY21.
- With 14 accidents representing 44% of the FY accident total for Oct – Feb, personal/private is 3.5 times higher than the next closest industry category.