FAA Rotorcraft Monthly Accident Briefing - November
(second month of FY21).
Totals: 6 accidents, 0 fatal accidents, 0 fatalities
- For the second consecutive FY, there were not any fatal accidents during November. For the 39 FYs on record, this has only occurred one other time (FY14-FY15).
Cumulative FY21 Summary (Oct – Nov)
FY21, Totals: 14 accidents, 0 fatal accidents, 0 fatalities
- The estimated accident rate was 2.68 per 100K hours.
- None. Fatal accident rate through two month of the FY is 0.
- This was the first time in 28 years that October and November both went without a fatal accident in the same FY.
- For the first time for the 39 FYs on record, there were three consecutive calendar months without a fatal accident (September, October, November)
- None. Fatality rate through two months of the FY is 0.
U.S. Helicopter Safety Team (USHST) Calendar Year Metrics
- Goal: Reduce the 5 year average fatal accident rate to 0.55 per 100K hours by 2025. The USHST uses the fatal accident rate from CYs 2014-2018 (0.62 per 100K hours) as their baseline for measurement.
- The CY 2016-2020 5 year average fatal accident rate was 0.67 per 100K hours through November 2020.
Safety Management Section, AIR-682 Rotorcraft Standards Branch, Policy & Innovation Division 817-222-5337 email@example.com
We value your feedback. Click here to send us your feedback.